Friday, November 4, 2011

It’s Not Easy Being 11

Mommy sells sex to buy drugs,
I want to be a doctor!
Daddy drinks to kill life’s pain,
I want to write a book!
What –path should I choose?

Brother is a couch-surfer and a pothead,
I want to be the first woman president!
Sister is pregnant at fifteen,
I want to be a great aunt!
What does antisocial mean?

Mommy is insane,
I want to light a fire.
Daddy divorces mommy,
I want to cut myself.
Mommy, what’s a psychopath?

Brother calls once a year,
I want to hurt small animals.
Sister says her children are more important than me,
I want to hurt them too.
Daddy, what’s a sociopath?

Mommy doesn’t talk to me,
I love my mom.
Daddy has a new wife,
I’m in pain and she will be too.
Please tell me... What -path should I choose?


by Michael Storms

2 comments:

  1. Seeing your words visibly is knowing the meaing for your words on a deeper level. Thank you for posting and sharing with others........snapping fingers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mike said...

    Thank you! The meaning is very deep and it feels good to share it with others.

    ReplyDelete