Sunday, September 16, 2012

Hello Everyone!

Hello Vanguardains,

I hope everyone had a teriffic week last week and is all refresh for this week.  I am so exicted to be back among the most creative and taleneted students GCC has to offer!!!  I am so sorry I miss the first meeting I heard it went great!  However, due to my work, home and school schedule I can only attend meetings on Thursdays once in awhile (not every week unforunitly).  Besides that little problem I will still try to help out and particate in very event or bake sale the VFA puts on!  Also I will keep all of you posted on all of my new work that I have created on the blog as I did before so you can comment or share feedback on one of my poems or short stories where I am not able to attend a meeting.

I personally can not wait to see what VFA club has plan for this year, I just know its going to be great!!  I want to wish all of you good luck with the new sermester and lets show GCC what VFA club is all about!!

Enjoy my submissions, GO VANGUARD!
-Genna M.


What Do You Want To Do With Your Life?


By: Genevieve (Genna) Melanson




What do you want to do with your life?


What are you going to do today?


Are you going to drawn in your sorrows and pain?


Living in the past those hardships that just blew you away.


Are you going to extend and reach for a stranger’s hand?


At night are you going to get down on your knees?


Find time to pray!


Close your eyes, take in a deep breath.


Try to live in the moment.


Look around you take in picture that will never fade.


What do you want to do with your life?


What are you going to do today?


Are going to live in the moment?


Are you going throw that living part away?


Or are you going to find it in your heart to stay.


Maybe in your past you made plenty of mistakes.


Another day done and over, who knows maybe that’s all you can take.


Making up reasons to tell yourself that it’s all going to be okay.


What do you want to do with your life?


You reach a relation in May, which is why you yourself are writing these words down today.


A chance to say what has been on your mind for a very very long time.


I am so sorry that it took me such a long time to reach the end of this climb.


To hold onto these regrets, which I have bind you too.


 However I believe its time, I begun to see the light.


I might begin to see why these feels are so deep down inside of me.


Or parths why you mean so much to me.


You and I we haven’t been acting like a team.


You have become so distance, selfish and mean.


Sometimes, I wonder why this is even happening to me?


This is just some crazy dream!


Who is this mister mean?


What is he going to do with his life?


He just can’t expect me to stay.  


To watch him down in his sorrows and pain.


I just can’t find myself to see him this way.


I drop to me knees and pray.


I ask God for why should I stay?


What should I do, so I don’t make any more mistakes?


Should I leave him, should I go my own way?


What should I do today?


This day, this hour, this minute


So he can stop using me as his ticket.


I am at the end of my rope; he’s tested all my limits.


I am running out of pittances.


My big question is still unanswered, so it’s still up in quotations.


What do you want to do with your life?




Dance My Dreams


By: Genevieve (Genna) Melanson


Spinning, twirling, flying away.
Memories guide me from yesterday.
Time will reveal my destiny.
So why should I fight?
What's right for me?


I'll live, I'll breathe.
I'll dance my dreams.


Hold me, kiss me.
Look through my eyes.
Know me, feel me.
No more disguise.
So why should I fight?
What's planned for me?


Take my hand.
Dance in my world.
As I live, I breathe.
I dance my dreams.
Tomorrow will be mine.
Today is ours.
I will never let go.
Until time unwinds.
Today I have just arrived.









No comments:

Post a Comment